Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Things that go bump.


Meet my new friend.


We welcomed Smeg with open arms after "winning" it at the Australian High Com Auction.


Many have warned me against buying a digitised machine.
The auctioneer warned it had a faulty reset switch!  I pleaded for those around me to tell me "Is a reset switch vital, what does it do, does it matter?"  Everyone just looked at me blankly.  
I got into a lively battle with my old boss - the Principal of my boys school.
I WON, for 200 tala I WON a Smeg 650 washing machine with a faulty reset switch and a microwave with a broken door - lucky me!



The domestic surfing God put on the first load with outstanding success, piffle to the faulty reset switch.


The faulty reset switch reared its ugly head on the next load, but Smeg responded valiantly to a good shove and all was good as the pump kicked in.


Yippee!  I can wash at home and get active in the process.  Now the problem - how to stop the machine once it gets going.



2 comments:

  1. OOH! Maybe next time it will be one of those funky SMEG fridges. That would be worth bringing home! We've had a digital machine since the twines and it is a cracker! Do the machine shove boogy to your heart's content!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They make funky retro washing machines now too. This one will be left with bump instructions.

    ReplyDelete