Thursday, February 16, 2012

On My Wall


Inspired to share some of the walls in my Samoan house by Vic. This is a great idea.



Samoan essentials.


Surf essentials


Wet Season Walls


Man of house Made, love the knots up top.


Bedroom Siapo and Ric-Rac Mary


Boy's Games


A Tapa Strip to hide peeling paint.


The previous tenants enjoyed jigsaws, they contacted the backs and pinned them to the wall.  I took down the ones in the general living areas but the boys like the ones in their room.


Part of a triptych by the owner of the house.


These gorgeous copper fish are from Value Village the closest thing to an "op shop" in Samoa.  2 Tala each, approx 80c AUS.


Siapo with your cool drink?


Tongan Tapa


Plantation House


Inspired by Tatau, stencils and bumpy roads.


3 comments:

  1. I love your crucifixes! Where did you find them??? The black graphic one is particularly beautiful in its simplicity. As for Value Village- I have heard tell of this magical place. Wish I could visit your walls in person. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The b&w one is from the markets, a local man carves them, I will photograph the other side and put it on another blog as you will surely fall in love with the naive styled Jesus. The Icon is from the Catholic Shop, another favourite haunt. It would be wonderful to share my walls and favourite shops with you in person, but this idea of sharing is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I order a b&w one from your market artisan? One day we'll get back to actual wall sharing and child sharing and maybe even wine sharing again if we can stay awake. In the meantime virtual is okay.

    ReplyDelete