Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Most Bodacious Vaycay

More Hawaiian holiday moments


No images of the Domestic Surf God surfing were captured in the Hawaiian surf, as I was too busy watching the "grommets" and making sure they didn't get too "scubetubeular" (awesome underwater poundage).



DSG throwing himself into helping his "grommets" in the surf.



"Smiley Style"



"Boss" Bunny!


 Surf lingo was common to many of the people we met in Hawaii.


Granted we mostly spoke to people in surf shops, at the beach, by the beach, about the beach, leaving me feeling like I was in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Dude!


The surf was sometimes "mushburger" and at other times "flushopolis", but there were days when it was "cooking", but it was never "epic".


I was no "Betty" but I managed to balance on a paddle board down a creek with turtles. Smiley hitched a ride on the front and trailed his own organic palm frond boat.   
At Waikiki Smiley danced crazily on the front of my paddle board, but I managed to stay on and look cool.  Until a wave "jacked up" behind me I completely "flailed", "freaked out" and fell off the back, leaving Bunny to ride the board backwards down the thankfully "mushy" wave.  I surfaced to find him and many fellow surfers laughing at my "kook out" moment.
DSG came and swapped my big stable table paddle board in exchange for his "pig" of a hired Mal and left me with the "Groms".  
I struggled in with Smiley holding on to the front of the board, when suddenly his mouth filled, he looked at me with big eyes and vomited a lurid orange spew which drifted by us and blended with the setting Waikiki sun.


In Haliewa the boys picked up a couple of skateboards.


And the locals got into some big wheel action.


Shaved Ice was a favourite island treat


And the waterslides were most excellent at keeping the kids entertained after an all-nighter flight.


It was a totally awesome Vaycay.


 Mahalo for reading.






4 comments:

  1. That is something your grooms will never forget. What a life moment for them and the DSG surfing those iconic beaches. He put in some serious dad time there that will be special to all of them forever.
    You are a pretty classy act yourself kooking out on Waikiki. Sounds way Betty to me! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I was referring to your groms not your three husbands. Stoopid i pad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I was referring to your groms not your three husbands! Dang i pad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I smiled my way through this post ... Bill and Ted's indeed ... sounds like my house when a particular friend of the boys pops round ... he makes his living teaching snowboarding, no water involved, but the dude speak isn't so different!

    ReplyDelete