Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Aloha Hey



This post is a bit like our holiday to Hawaii, a little rushed.



With one week too play with we decided to avoid lining up with the hordes of tourists to ponder the tragedies of Pearl Harbour, pretend to run from dinosaurs in the great valley, hula along to the swinging hips at the Polynesian shows or fall for the consumerist trappings of outlet shopping.



Instead we went with our usual holiday activities of surfing, swimming and a little souvenir shopping thrown in.



We swam with turtles most days, except at Sunset Beach, where the boys surfed within metres of a sun lounging Monk Seal, named White Spot.




This is the best photo of a turtle I could manage, eventhough they were in abundance.




That dark blob to the left is a turtle watching Bunny and DSG paddle out to the break.




Unfortunately a stomach bug caused sleepless nights and more washing than desirable on holidays. I will carry the guilt of chastising Smiley for not joining in on the holiday party just before he vomited in the garden bed, outside a surf shop. The little trooper downed a blue Gatorade (see mouth) and found a local Haliewa dinosaur to climb on. 


Bunny and I got the dreaded bug the next day and here we are enjoying an orange Gatorade to match the Sunset. 



Noice.


6 comments:

  1. How, I say HOW, will you ever resume normal life?

    Maybe you'll just keep it the same in a different place.
    Where did all your hair come from? You know I notice hair a lot now.
    Love the ukes, the wiped out kids and lovely ol' domestic surf god in his own personal Nirvana, I'm sure! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in denial. Like the forests of Samoa, my hair grows like crazy, you can see now why I want to cut it off, just not many hairdressers on island who will cut it and stop me looking like I am wearing a helmet. He didn't get the surf he dreamed of, but does he ever?

      Delete
  2. Ha Ha you 2 girls make me laugh.
    Bruce and his surf!
    You and the boys look fantastic and I sharpen my scissors in anticipation for when you return...which is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might ask you to use the clippers, my hair is so hot, I mainly wear it up, so it may as ll be short.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a lovely holiday, despite the stomach bugs. Always great to hear your news. I've just booked flights back to Brisbane for Christmas so hope to see you all then. And happy birthday to Sonny for Sunday - no internet to make contact but I was thinking of him! xx

    ReplyDelete